Aide - Recherche - Membres - Calendrier
Version complète : Mige Arrived, i am running into problems!
RacingFR > Simracing > L'Atelier > Simulateurs et Périphériques > Réalisations personnelles - DIY > Volants DIY
Stelios
Hello guys and sorry for posting in English, i cant speak French.

My Mige arrived but there is a problem and i cant find a solution.

1. After setting it up with the help from the appropriate thread, i tried to do some testing in the driver. I move the axle a little but and then it started rotating by itself to the direction i pushed it. It wouldnt stop and after 10 seconds it starts vibrating and other bad noises. I have to pull the plug out!

2. Using GDTool, i selected invert decoder direction. This fixes the problem but the wheel is going the wrong way. I can fix this in-game by selecting invert option. When i tried to play for example Assetto Corsa, the wheel worked with FFB but the force was coming in "steps" or in "pulses" It moves 5 degrees for example normally, then there is a 5 degrees with a lot of resistance but when you get over the resistance it is normal again, after 5 degrees the same happens over and over, its like there is a problem with the internal magnets or something.

What do you guys think, how can i fix this thing ? I am running out of energy and ideas here...
Ponch'
Did you use the DRC file available here ?
sambat29
Sorry my english is too bad, but i have the same problem and now all is good.

surely someone can help you here.
Stelios
Thank you for fast responses guys, i used this file : tortyeg_mmos_MiGe_130ST-M10010@11A.drc , gonna test the one you suggested Point!

I will report back in 5 minutes. Fingers crossed.

OK, it works now !

I wonder what was wrong in the other firmware.

Anyway, tried it with AC and i have no words to describe it, but the forces are so high at 30% in driver and 80% in game, anyone has any nice Assetto Corsa settings to use? happy3.gif

Thanks for the help !
Tortue G
Great if it works now lol4.gif !
About games settings, I set always 100% Force Max in MMOS software, and I reduce them inside games, for Assetto Corsa I use 45% FFB, 100% damper, and 10% for the three additional effects settings.
And be careful to use the same wheel range on both game and MMOS software; with AC you can set to 1180° in game and in software.

Now have a good play lol2.gif !
Stelios
Although it was working fine, i decided to put the amperage to lower values to begin with.

So i put Max A @ 6 and fixed the rest options accordingly.

After this my problem reappeared... i dont know why it is doing it but i cannot fix it now by re-loading the same firmware.

After some testing i have come to this conclusion :

When i put 900 degrees of rotation in driver, i spin the wheel, when it is almost to hit the STOP, it starts spinning, check my video here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mGr0y9Jps...eature=youtu.be

If i put max degrees, 2160, i have to spin the wheel 2160 degrees and then it starts spinning like crazy, INSTEAD of stopping ! (software stop)

So, the problem here is that when the wheel must hit the STOP, it starts SPINNING !

Check my video happy3.gif

HELP ! lol2.gif

P.S. This happens in game and also in desktop.

So, some new data for you, i decided to click "invert encoder direction" in GDTool and the "stop" works fine now!

Before i inverted i did a motor test, in following picture you can see the 1st test is with the motor encoder NOT inverted, and the 2nd test bellow it is with the encoder inverted!

I can see there is a NEGATIVE reading and it suggests something is wrong, but the wheel works fine now...

Any ideas? lol2.gif
RacingMat
sorry I haven't the answer but I'll definitely try to "invert" in GDTools tonight
Stelios
OK, false alarm.

It seems i made a mistake in the drivers, which caused all that stuff.
Check pictures bellow, ignore other settings only watch the check boxes:

My mistake:

Correct setting:
Tortue G
You can check "Index Auswerten" too after (too be auto-centered at start), but set correctly the others settings before lol4.gif , and after you have centered the wheel the offset must be under +/-10000, else it will spin at start before being ready...
Ceci est une version "bas débit" de notre forum. Pour voir la version complète avec plus d'informations, la mise en page et les images, veuillez cliquer ici.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.